75100385

Brought timeshare in England at Hever in 1997 the. Company

Brought timeshare in England at Hever in 1997 the. Company pulled out of Hever and said we would lose the right of using our timeshare , unless we agreed to transfer to one of there Spanish resorts , which we did, we now have a right of use certificate, what I want to know is does that come under Spanish law now which means it can't last longer than 50 years, unless I state otherwise, and if so does the 50 years start from date of transfer or from the time of signing the original contract
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Did you receive a new agreement at the time of the transfer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We received a holiday certificate dated 170211 which states the right to occupy the apartment weekly period or periods from commencement to the termination day in each calendar year in accordance with and subject to the observance by the member of said constitution the deed f trust and any fee arrangement between fonder member and trustee referred to therein including without prejudice to the generality of the forgoing the provisions relating t payment of management charge
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Does the certificate say anything about applicable laws?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not on certificate
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. please bear with me whilst I prepare a response. You will receive an email later today when it is ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
no problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had an e mail replying to my question
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi I was called away on something urgent yesterday. Just preparing your answer now. It will be with you very shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had e mail reply to my question
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Where did you sign the contract please? What does it say about jurisdiction?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Original contract we signed for in England ,which is governed by the rules of England ,trustee Hutchinson & co but what I signed for than is null and void I just agreed to a transfer at their expense there is no wording jurisdiction I don't think you can answer me
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Where did you sign the second agreement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In england
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then English law applies. It wont come under Spanish Law unless the agreement says otherwise. That is because you signed it in the UK and the previous agreement is governed by UK law.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience