Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I recently paid almost £4,000 Riser Recliner Single engine

Customer Question

I recently paid almost £4,000 for a Riser Recliner Single engine Chair from Oak Tree Mobility The day after its delivery 26 Nov 2015 I rang the company to say that the chair their bespoke measurements were wrong proving the chair to be very uncomfortable Soon after I contacted the company saying that I wanted the chair to be taken away and the cost to be reimbursed I have taken advise from Which Legal who thought I had a fair claim I sent an E Mail letter to the Company listing all my grievances and gave them 2 weeks to respond I finally rang them again and was told that my claim was rejected I have kept all details of the process and considered letting it go I am 73 and not in good health This whole process has caused me a lot of sadness and heartache and I wonder how many other older people have been abused due to consumer default Mrs Pat Tayler Oxted Surrey
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and I am happy to help you today. On what basis has the company refused to refund your money?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a difficult Question One week after I received the chair the engine failed I informed the company and the offered to send an engineer I rejected this on the basis that I did not want the chair due the fact that it was unfit for use and I did not want to cause any further expenses to the Company I think they did not believe that the chair was not suitable even though I was measured before it was made The only way I could prove my point was by them coming to see me in the chair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could send you an E Mail of the letter I sent to the company before they rejected my claim
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Yes please I'll send you an offer of additional service so that you can send it to my private email address.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello I've sent my contact details please can you confirm you have them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DearCustomerI think I must stop this before I waste more money I have sent 2 copies of the Email I sent but have had Demon Failure on both
I am too frustrated to go on
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have just sent my phone number please call me and I'll try to find a way to help you.