75100385

My Name is***** I was stopped by traffic

Customer Question

Hi My Name is***** I was stopped by traffic officer for the offence of tyre under legal limit at 23.40hrs on Wharf Rd Grantham my car was booked in at 09.00 hrs the next morning for x2 tyres which I explained but the officer wasn't interested.
I have received a conditional offer of fixed penalty which is addressed to Levi (William) Desmond it also states offence was on Wharp Rd not Wharf Rd
am I able to have offence dropped based on incorrect name and location of offence
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Sadly not. If you contest this and it goes to court then the prosecution can simply amend the charge. It happens quite frequently where there are typos or mistakes in the name or location of offence.
The court allows the prosecution to amend it as long as it is catching the Mischeif to which it is intended.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/