75100385

My neighbour has errected a piece of trellis work on our fence

Customer Question

My neighbour has errected a piece of trellis work on our fence using our fence as support it this legal?
And she just fixed a cctv camera on her oil tank pointing into our garden can you also help and a cctv camera from her back bedroom also pointing into our back garden is this legal?
Please help she is accusing us of cutting her flowers down as we are old age pensioners all we want is to be left alone.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Why is the cctv pointing your way please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because she claims we are cutting down her trees and flowers over her side of the fence we are old age pensioners and find it hard to gardening especially leaning over a six foot fence
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has made our life hell since we moved here according to our postman the people before us left because of her but the previous people did not disclose to us about here
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. In law she can't attach anything to your fence if it would damage it. So no nails or screws, this would be criminal damage.
As for the cctv you should report to the council. Again the neighbour can't do this because it's your land. They can only cover by cctv up to the border. Nothing beyond.
Speak to the council as you could get an injunction to stop this and the criminal damage issue. But the council may be able to resolve the cctv and the police could deal with the criminal damage to the fence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As we are old age pensioners she is very intimidating to us can we get any thing done about harrasing us please do you think I can go to the police about it or do you think a solicitors letter ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be possible to e mail your answers to***@******.*** thank you very much
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If you are being harassed you can report this to the Police to investigate and they can warn your neighbour and prosecute. Or you could take out your own injunction.
Can I clarify anything else for you?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/