12826847

We took over the tenancy of a Palmers pub - the New Inn, Eype

Customer Question

We took over the tenancy of a Palmers pub - the New Inn, Eype DT6 6AP - in March 15'.Due to it being so quiet during the winter we are trying to set up facility to enable our daughter to pay any unexpected bills whilst we are away. The bank could see no problem with this (we have another business) but then came back to us to say that there is a court order on the pub and so they cannot help. The brewery say that they do not have any knowledge of this but that it should be on an individual (ie possibly the previous tenant, Mrs Sally Fowler) and not on the property. If we can find out more then they can lift the order from the pub. This all sounds bizarre and I do not understand why the brewery/previous suppliers/accountant had no idea that this order was in place. We have had a debt collector from the electricity supplier to Mrs Fowler - EON - call but we also use EON and so why did we not know of a previous outstanding ammount if indeed, this is the issue?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know whether you bought a business or just started trading in your own Name please?