12826847

About 10 years ago while i was married i forged my wifes signature

About 10 years ago while i was married i forged my wifes signature on a small loan to buy her a watch which she still wears. Now divorced 8 years later and loan paid she threatens to go to the police with this ?
Is there any possibilty this is still valid in court ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Why didn't she report it immediately?
How does she know it is forged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought her a rolex for about £3k and during our marriage she was happy with and still wears it today. It wasnt until our divorce that she and her new partner were looking for things to hassle me.
At the time i said i did it some 10 years ago but she was ok about it , but only last week she mentioned it to a mutual friend !
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Please don't worry.
In principle, the police could still investigate but they are not going to waste resources on her spite. To get revenge she has to do the usual and make false allegations of rape or domestic abuse! Common sense and good judgement is still exercised with allegations of forgery.
If she reports a forgery 10 years old which was a present to her and was fully paid off they will not be sympathetic.
You might also want to remind her that she is also guilty of offences at least in academic law as she allowed the forgery to continue without reporting it and indeed still has the item. That will see her off quite quickly.
Anyway to prove a forgery they have to go the expense of handwriting experts which is really expensive and it is not in the public interest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo
Could you suggest a resume of this so that i can send to her as this has plagued me for years and wish to end it , hopefully.
David