Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

If a student from Mauritius has been legally study and living

if a student from Mauritius has been legally study and living in England for 10 years, is he entitled to apply for permanent residency ?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Can you better explain the situation. How long has this student from Mauritius been studying in England? On what visa? How long has he been able to live and work in the UK separate from studying? On what visa? Can you provide a chronology of visas and dates spent in England?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as i have already explained the student has been in England on a student visa for 10 years and have been studying all the time. he has been to England from 15 september 2005 until now. he has never left the country for more than 4 weeks.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. I regret to say that any time spent studying and on a student visa in England gives no right to apply for permanent residency. It is only persons who possess a visa to live and work in the UK who may apply for permanent residency. A student enjoys no such right, I regret to say. So the student from Mauritius would have no right to apply for permanent residency, I regret to say. The law on permanent residency expressly excludes all persons in England on a student visa.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering the question.