29905560

I have a letter to send to a judge at crown court. How do I

Customer Question

I have a letter to send to a judge at crown court. How do I address the letter on the envelope to make sure it gets to the correct judge? and will he read it?
Opinions and answers please.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello are you not getting the other replies to your questions as you seem to have posted this query more than once?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didnt know if I was doing it properly :O

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Yes you were, you appear to have 3 separate queries for this though so I will close the others and keep this one open. Can you please explain your situation in a bit more detail - what is the case for, have you been contacted by a specific judge before, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically my boyfriend Is in prison on remand for affray. His sentencing is on Friday and he has written a letter to the judge personally and he's not sure on whether to send in the post or give it to his barrister on Friday for the judge to read. His solicitor thinks he shouldn't be doing any time for his offence as its only really common assault and he's worried that because the judge has taken a dis liking to him he may get more months in prison. It's a letter explaining his struggles in life etc etc. what do you think?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Do you have details about the Judge, so do you know who to actually address it to personally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's my problem. I no the court and the case number ***** apart from that I don't no who he is :(
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Ok in the circumstances you would have to write to the court and only mention the court case – that would be the court’s own reference number and they will use it to direct the correspondence to the relevant judge. Alternatively, if no judge has yet been assigned it may go to a more general pile of correspondence which maybe an unconnected judge may read. What you could do is contact he court first on(###) ###-####3100 to see if a judge has been assigned and then at least you would know whether you can address the letter personally to anyone. If you are unable to find the details of the judge then you may wish to consider taking the letter with you on sentencing day and see if it would be accepted there. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.