75100385

We have maintained an area of grass abounding the edge of the

Customer Question

We have maintained an area of grass abounding the edge of the road next to our house on a small private development for over ten years. The area is approx 2 feet by 6 feet. It abuts our drive which we would like to extend the width to park a small "smart car". Would we have a legal right to it because of this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is the land fenced off or do you exclude all others?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the area of grass is open with no fence or wall around it. It is level with the road which was adopted by highways dept from the developer, Crest Nicholson. The area to the side of our drive is in total approx 6 feet wide, which narrows to two feet by 6 feet long ( it is crescent shaped following the curve of the road) we own half the width by half the length. It is only a narrow crescent of grass that is just outside the boundary edged red on our conveyance plan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I now wait for your reply or do you have any more questions. I have photos of the area if this helps