13262538

My name is***** am a Srilankan 34 and my partner

Customer Question

Hi ,my name is***** am a Srilankan 34 and my partner is British , she suffers from depression for 16 years ,we met 2 years and 2 months a age and have a beautiful son of 8 months.we live in Srilanka from the beginning.she wanted to visit immediate family In England.as I am the only financial provider ,I help to get there .but I didn't go ,she was due return on 22 new December 2015 as it's our first Christmas with our son .but she never took the flight and didn't reschedule .she is not giving me a return date and barely let me see my son on face time.my son was born in Srilanka and holds a Srilankan birth certificate and passport.she is financially zero! And in profession .she has applied for a British pp.i am pretty sure she is over staying our sons visa.what are my options?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Under the Hague Convention on abducted chidlren, which both Sri Lanka and the UK have signed, you are entitled to apply to the UK courts for the return of your child to Sri Lanka since he is being retained here without your agreement.
You can contact this charity
www.reunite.org
who will assist you with the process
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are not married .also i used to live in uk from 2000 to 2011 .on 2006 i sent my passport and college certificates for visa rental and it never came back .when i phoned the home office they said they never received it ,as at the time srilanka was in heavy battles with the ltte tigers and was too scared to go back and just one year after the tsunami ,also i was financialy low as i was a student living in london alone .i applied for visa couple times but was rejected ,can i fight the court case from srilanka or do they have to give me a visa .also as my son is held in uk do i have right to get free legal aid ?hiow long will the court case may last and what would it cost eventually (i don't want to start something and not be able to afford it :-(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"visa renewal "
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so i ended up over staying my visa for 6 years
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Speak to REunite - they will be able to give you some assistance - and yes you would get a visa for the case
CClare