Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

3 Years Divorced settlement with court agreed at £900.00per

Customer Question

3 Years Divorced
settlement with court agreed at £900.00per month plus 25% of his bonus !!
Hayley
he works
is she by law entitled to any of the redundancy pay out of which the first £30k is tax free the rest of the money subject to tax and NI so we would like to know so we could if required instruct accordingly
Kind regardsDavid j
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Please confirm that a final court order for the financial settlement was made? If one was made and the redundancy was not anticipated she would not be able to apply to vary the order and the husband would need to continue making the payments as per the order, unless he makes an application to vary the maintenance.
Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you!