13262538

My husband is sole beneficiary under his late uncle's will.

My husband is sole beneficiary under his late uncle's will. Some of Uncle G's money was invested in U.S. Treasury Bonds ( Uncle G. was a Canadian-born, naturalized U.S. citizen who lived in Portland,OR).
In order for these Bonds to be released to my husband he needs to sign documents in the presence of a Red Medallion certified professional.
The Oxford Notary Public we normally deal with says she and her colleagues won't touch the Red Medallion business.
The U.S Embassy in London tell us they don't handle Red Medallion transactions. The U.S Treasury tell us there are over 70,000 companies certified in the USA and Canada (no mention of anywhere else in the world) but do not hold a list of where they are.
The Portland lawyer handling the Probate of the Will suggests that my husband pop over to New York to sign the document ('and take in a show at the same time').
My husband is a Canadian citizen with British Resident status and has lived here for the best part of 50 years and has no desire to go to New York.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Yours,
Victoria McConnell
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youThe only way I can see around the problems of the Medallion Transaction is to phone the Uk branches of any of the US banks who may well offer this service in the UK as well as the UShttp://www.sec.gov/answers/sigguar.htmThe list of US banks with some form of branch in the UK is herehttp://www.bankofengland.co.uk/statistics/Pages/reporters/institutions/default.aspx#americanbut I fear you will have to do the phone round yourself.Please ask if you need further detailsClare