12826847

We have a piece of software that can organise data that is

Customer Question

We have a piece of software that can organise data that is copied from elsewhere and pasted into our site.
If we have a subscriber who uses our software and copies information from a website that they are prohibited from copying information from, is there any liability with us or is it all with the person copying the information from the other website?
We are aware that users will use our software to do this, and so will process the information in a specific way that will organise it based on data coming from that website.
are we liable or the user or both?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Has a particular issue arisen that has given you cause for concern?