12826847

We want to apply allowance to care 27 year

Customer Question

We want to apply for carers allowance to care for our 27 year old son. He qualifies for PIP, and my wife's earnings are within the guidelines. It comes to a question of my income which is not part of the equation as I'm Canadian. I do contribute to household expenses but I don't have a National Insurance No., and I'm not here on a permanent basis. Would my wife be eligible for the benefit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As a precursor to this - we'd gotten into a financial bind about two years ago due loss of carers allowance and the fact that our son was sanctioned and couldn't contribute to household expenses. This year our interest-only mortgage is due to terminate and the bank (Bank of Scotland) won't extend it. My age precludes me from getting any kind of repayment mortgage so we're planning on selling the property and downsizing. However I feel that my wife should be entitled to carers allowance as our son will be with her permanently, and we could certainly use the additional income.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nicola,
Yes, I'd be happy to wait. If there are any changes to our circumstances I'll let you know.Thanks,Art Cox
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please carry on until the week runs out.ThanksArt
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please close this question. In future I may have more questions but, for now, I'll put everything on hold.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Arthur Cox