12826847

I was in contract to extra energy until 31st Dec 2015. On the

Customer Question

I was in contract to extra energy until 31st Dec 2015. On the 6th Dec I wrote to them cancelling my contract. They state that they sent me a letter in June 2015 telling me to accept a new contract for 2016 or cancel before 1st Sep 2015. I did not receive this letter. They say proof of posting is sufficient for them as proof of receipt. Are they acting lawfully by insisting that I accept a 12month imposed contract (45% more expensive per unit consumed) without my agreement please?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Did you have a contract with them regarding the initial period and if so what did that contract say about giving notice?