ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

How do I deal with a solicitor who is unfairly taking action

Customer Question

how do I deal with a solicitor who is unfairly taking action against me please
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Please can you explain your situation in more detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Solicitor is claiming damages stating that I own land which the Land Reg clearly shows I do not own
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.
Please may I ask:
- have you ever had any association with the property in question?
- could you be considered as having a beneficial interest in the property ( this meaning having an interest in the property without being named on the title deeds ) ?
- why are damages being claimed?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No association with property no beneficial interest person suffered injury owing to lack of repair to pavement Solicitor seeking damages for injured Client
Thank you for clarifying that for me.
Given what you have said - it does appear that the Solicitor is somewhat array from chasing you in respect of a aproperty for which you have no association at all.
In reality if the Solicitor did try to make a claim on behalf of their client with this misinformation - then the claim is going to fail.
The difficulty you have been facing in respect of your current complaint - is that you are not the solicitors client and he does not need to respond to your client.
That being said, the solicitor should act professionally and if you think that he is not doing so then I would suggest that you contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority so that they can consider whether any breaches have occurred:
http://www.sra.org.uk/home/contactus.page
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Please Kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work. Your question does not close when you leave positive feedback and I can answer your follow up questions for free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
good advice
Thank you for your kind comment - glad that I could help. If you click on a smiley face then this gives us credit for assisting you. Kind Regards, Caroline :-)