75100385

I met a consultant of an organisation called ITRA (International

Customer Question

I met a consultant of an organisation called ITRA (International Timeshare Refund Action Limited. The reason for that meeting was to determine an exit strategy for timeshare that I own. For a fixed fee, this organisation offers a Service defined as:
The Service shall commence on the date of the signing and acceptance of this contract and shall continue until The Client receives confirmation of the disposal of his timeshare ownership and/or when The Client has received written notification as to the result of any claim for compensation.
My primary aim is to get shot of the timeshare and any compensation (split 60% me 40% them) is icing on the cake.
There is another clause stating that
The Client accepts that this is a contract for services and fulfilment is not based on any outcome/s successful or not and any monies paid in accordance therewith are non-refundable unless ITRA fails to fulfil its obligations as per the contents of this agreement.
Does that mean that should they not succeed in receiving written confirmation of disposal of timeshare ownership from the timeshare company, they have not fulfilled their obligation and therefore are liable to refund fees. The consultant confirmed that to be the case in our meeting today and that it will take 6-8 weeks to obtain that confirmation and so on that understanding I signed a client services contract but parted with no money. However they do want £ 480 tomorrow and £ 4500 7 days later. So the second question I have is does that comply with cooling off period requirements? They have not provided any credit card facilities but instead asked for teh funds to be transferred into an account at a firm of Chartered Accountants.
I have been researching this company sine the meeting and see differing opinions and the Timeshare Consumer Association saying they are neutral about them. So I expect it comes down to the contract and therefore wondered what your views were on the poinst mentioned above.
I now
I ask bec
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What jurisdiction is the contract governed by please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England and Wales
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you want me to scan and Mail the agreement ahead of our call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now looking more like 10.45 before I am done at the dentist
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AlexI am now available as soon as it works for youRegardsColin
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now.