Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

My estranged wife is a 49% shareholder in a limited company

Customer Question

My estranged wife is a 49% shareholder in a limited company where i am director and majority shareholder. She has seized two company owned vehicles and will not release them for sale. Is this legal and if not what recourse does the company have. There is no ancillary relief order.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Can you tell how she "seized" the vehicles? Did she go into the premises of the company and take them without permission?
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She seized the keys to the vehicles which are now parked outside the 'matrimonial' home which she is refusing me access to. The keys were taken from my pocket when she walked into the company office.As a matter of record she has also accessed and copied company documents and bank statements etc. She was a Director but that ceased in October due her conduct and subsequent police action..
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
If she was not a director, did not have permission to take the vehicles, then this is potentially a criminal act so in the first instance I would consider reporting her to the police.
Secondly if she refuses to return the vehicles you will have to sue her - that is the only way to force the return of the cars. This will be in the form of an injunction and she will have to pay your costs if she loses. Are the vehicles registered in the company name?
AJ