75100385

I have been convicted of benefit fraud last year february.never

Customer Question

I have been convicted of benefit fraud last year february.never been in prison.Paid the £80 fine and did 80 hours community service.
How long do you think this conviction will last? because I have been having problem getting a permanent job.I mean office work .
Do I need to disclose this to the employer?
Will I be able to apply for citizenship without being rejected?If that is the case what do I need to do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It lasts on your record 1 year from the date you completed the order. However if you have a DBS check for a job it may still show up depending on what type of post you apply for. Some posts it can never be spent.
Yes your application for citizenship may well be rejected given the conviction and you should wait a long time before applying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what order are you talking about. Because the community order ended last year april. Do I need to wait until this year april to see it spent?
Will I be able to renew my Indefinite leave to remain without any trouble?
Is there any way I can still apply with the help of a solicitor for citizenship?This benefit fraud was a mistake from my part not reporting the job I did at the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an interview with a contact centre today. Do I need to disclose my conviction for this customer service position.Is this going to affect my application?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Community Order - yes its spent April 2016.
No, you wont be able to renew the leave to remain without trouble. The new criminality guidance does not permit settlement for persons who, within 24 months prior to the date of the application, have been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a non-custodial sentence, a warning, caution or reprimand which is recorded on their criminal record.
Does that clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does that mean? I will have to leave the country or become illegal? I do not understand.I am refugee with indefinite leave to remain.Will I become illegal?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If you are refused you could be, yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not really happy about your answers. just spoke to the magistrate court. the situation is totally different. do not like your negativity. requesting a refund. I am not satisfied.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What else would you like to know? The Magistrates Court do not know anything about immigration.
Your conviction is spent 12 months after the order and you have to declare it until then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am requesting a refund.