12826847

What is our next step please, we assigned estate agent to sell

Customer Question

What is our next step please, we assigned estate agent to sell our property in Oct 2014, there was a contract to sign for £2100 on completion, the contract we signed was not adhered to,
There were no advertising brochures photographs done for the property the agents introduced us to the buyer who visited us and bought the property directly from us, the agents had no involvement after Dec 4 th 2014, we were told that the EPC was undertaken Nov 21st 2014 at 14-49pm and the assessor let themselves into the property, this is totally untrue, as on collection of the keys by us from agents on 19Th Oct we were told these were the only keys, we were at the property on the 21st until 6pm nobody visited that day, after questioning this we were send photographs asking if "this was our property" unfortunately not all the photographs were, in one of the rooms there was an electric light burning, this was impossible as the electric supply was not reconnected until Oct 24th, we were refused a copy of the report by the agents as we had not selltled our account on completion Feb 10 th 2015 so we applied on line for this on 26 th March 2015, to our surprise our house was advertised on the Internet from Zoopla still for sale, we did however pay the agent £1050 half the fee on completion we have been in dispute with Sequence since Feb 2014 who have now a court judgement against us which has been heard without us being informed and we have had a visit from the Sheriff explained the situation he advised for legal advice, as we are pensioners claiming benefits where do we stand, reading complaints regarding Sequence from dissatisfied clients, everyone has had court judgements against them and lost,
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What do you mean they have had court judgments and lost? Obtaining a court judgment means you win in court
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We have had a county court summons issued by Sequence which we completed and posted to court concerned Oct 22nd 2015 we were not contacted as to when we should appeared so have any idea when it went to court but we have had the sheriff at our door requiring outstanding money for outstanding debt,
Should we have had a receipt for money already Paid to agent Feb2015
You say you have had a visit from the Sheriff, are you based in Scotland?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No West Yorkshire England and the document he left us states The Sheriffs Officer
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
Hello I have been asked to look at this? As I understand it the enforcement officers have been and you want to know how to deal with them?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No not really,
If you read our first question then we want to know whT are legal rights are for paying for a service and all the discrepancies that occurred within this dispute,
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
Ok. So what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We need you to answer our queries regarding the matter
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
Yes, OK. I have read the facts
So what is your question ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What is our next step do you advise we employ a solicitor as to when the court hearing was and why we were not contacted, also what about the outstanding balance, if the agent had supplied re contract and not lied re E P C report then the outstanding debt would have been paid, do we have a case against the local agent and Sequence housing,
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
I'm not sure this is my area.
Opting out for others.
Expert:  Alice H replied 10 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. On what date was judgment entered?