12826847

I am a door supervisor on the 12th December I was working on

Customer Question

I am a door supervisor on the 12th December I was working on the door when a man was riding his bike on the pavement outside our venue we had been having trouble with this male shouting and abusing our customers which he was doing on this night telling them to f**k off out of my way . the male came closer to me and my colleague I said to my colleague that it was the idiot from last week the male over heard me say this and said to me wanker Ill f**king kill you I said to my mate I am having him nicked for this I went after the male and shouted for him to stop the shouted back back f**k you wanker I caught up with the male and managed to grabb his rucksack to stop him the male turned around quickly and this made him fall off his bike he went on the floor I bent down to tell him to get up as I wanted him to stay with me till I called the police the male resused to get up and was shouting abuse at me he woulnt stand up my colleague came over and told him to stop shouting and swearing he was getting louder and louder so we both decided to just let him walk away he stood up and shouted abuse towards us both then left . a few days later I had a call from the police saying that they had received a compliant of assult and could I come for a voluntary interview which I did I gave them a statement so did my colleague backing up my side of the event plus I gave the police another name of a witness who heard the man being abusive towards customers and also threating me the police called him and asked him to give his roll of events over the phone after he had done this the policeman said he wasn't going to waste his time or the witness time by asking him to come in and make a statement . two weeks later I get a call from the police saying that they are going to charge me with common assault at no time did I hit this person just stopped him by grabbibg the back of his rucksack the police have cctv of me grabbibg his rucksack and the man says that I grabbed him in a head lock whick I didn't you cant see anything what happened because it happened behind a big advertising board . I intend to plead not guilty I have to go to the police station Monday to be charged and I am going to plead not guilty can I go to crown court and have a trial because if I go to magistrates and they find me guilty I will lose my sia licence please could you advise me where I stand . kind regards ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. Do you have previous convictions?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes unfortunaly for common assault I have worked in the security industry for 20 years and have had a few convictions for assaults over that time due to me not getting a solicitor and just pleading guilty the last one was 4 and a half years ago .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry are you still there .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Ok.
What is the charge this time?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi the charge this time is common assault .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please can someone tell me if I am going to get any advice I have not heard anything since yesterday .
Expert:  Alice H replied 10 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you. I noticed that your question has been relisted - do you still require help?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.
Hi. Are you still in need of help?