29905560

I am the defendant and been given permission to put in a amended

i am the defendant and been given permission to put in a amended defense to the court..is there a form or can i just write or type it out?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the claim for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a money claim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am a letting agent a old landlord took me to court re a contract we had i handed notice in but he didnt accept it and trying to claim lots of money..judge pretty much threw it out but agreed my notice wasnt valid but didnt agree the money they were asking..has give me chance to put in a amended defence by 22nd jan if i dont then the court will decide who pays what if anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello??
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am still here there is no need to post chasing responses as each one places you at the back of the queue
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you are submitting an amendment to your defence then what you need to do is strike out the parts of the defence you do not want, then add to your original defence in red the parts you are adding or changing. In effect you are striking through the unwanted parts and adding the new ones in red colour. That way the court can see both the old defence and the new one and see what has been removed and added. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it doesnt have anything like that on the form/letter? its a general form of judgement or order
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You submitted a defence originally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you mean on the original form? as it has allready been to court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
yes so use that form to strike out the parts of the original defence you are removing and add on it the new parts in red
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it ok to just type my amended defence with the claim number on it and send it? or is there a particular court form?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
A defence is not really sent with a specific form, it is sent on a blank piece of paper and headed appropriately, see here for examples: http://www.compactlaw.co.uk/free-legal-precedents/small-claims-court.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thats fine i will just draught it myself...thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you