12826847

According to police, my husband has an arrest warrant because

Customer Question

According to police, my husband has an arrest warrant because he did not attend the police station at the date. in 2013, the police called us when we were abroad, and threatened me that they will arrest me (the wife) if I don't say where is he.
Can I find if there is an arrest warrant against myself?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. What has happened since 2013 with this?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Actually, don't worry. I see the issue here.
Yes, you can just call the constabulary and ask. They may not tell you though unless they can identify you. If you have a relationship with a firm of solicitors then you could get them to do it.
Alternatively you can just walk into any police station and ask but then you take the risk that they will arrest you there and then if a warrant does exist.
One way forward though is just to surrender on an occasion when you are prepared to be arrested and deal with the matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since 2013 and we are living abroad, no in the UK. Now, me (the wife and children), need to go back to UK.
I don't want to travel to UK, and get arrested in the airport. I need to know if there is a warrant before I travel.All I know is that there is an arrest warrant against my husband who did not attend on the bail date.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Then your only options are either to do it yourself and if they won't speak to you then get a solicitor to do it. If you don't have an existing relationship with a solicitor then they may want a payment for this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way I got my ACRO police certificate clear yesterday. Does this mean that I don't have an arrest warrant ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, not necessarily.
It does seem quite unlikely as there are no offences unless, of course, you were the cause of the arrest of your husband in which case there could be a witness warrant. If so that will not be effected as there is no point.
That can be avoided for the future by not summonsing the police to personal disputes.
That is if you did make an allegation against him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the issue with my husband is that he was selling a stolen computers. The police called us while we were in Egypt and told me the wife) that I could be arrested for hiding him and not saying where is his location.That happened in 2013.Do you think I will be arrested in the airport when I land in London? How to make sure?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There are offences in assisting an offender but just staying silent alone would not be enough.
I think I covered how to check above?