Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Isold a motorhome to this gentle for £4,400,now is come back

Isold a motorhome to this gentle for £4,400,now is come back five weeks later saying the roof is leaking in and asking for moey to repair or he is taking me to small claims.he came and looked for him self and had another gentleman with him looking aroud as well.it was dry as far as i know when sold.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Was this a private sale?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Assuming this was a private sale and you are not a dealer. If the motorhome was sold as seen and you did not make any representations that the roof was leak free then you do not have to take the vehicle back or pay for repairs. This is because in private sales it is buyer beware. I would tell him that he has no rights at all and he had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle before he purchased. Is there anything further you would like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you jenny it was a private sale and he had plenty of oppertunity to check over
and i never said anything about van only what i knew was wrong and he signed a sold as seen
letter.
neville
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
In that case, he doesn't have a leg to stand on even if he makes threats just ignore them. I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.