12826847

My brother duped my mum into changing her will...can I sell

Customer Question

my brother duped my mum into changing her will...
can I sell mum mums house for a penny
I then want to sell it back
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and I will try and assist you.
Please may I ask - is your mother still alive? Is she wanting to change her will?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, sorry for not explaining.
no she died a few months ago (the house now has a cash buyer) but the will reads as
brother M gets 1/3 of the house (not changed in codicile) remainder of house joins the moveable money to form 'the pot' which is divided into 6ths.
Brother A previously had 3/6
Grandchildren M had 1/6
Me and my children had 2/6.
codicil reduced brother A to only 2/6 and added in brother M's wife to now receive that 1/6.
I am the only executor and a while ago already asked my solicitor if there is anything that can be done - and short of court of seesion (plus no real eveidence to help my brother A) no.
I want to sell my mums house for a penny on paper and leave the rest of the will as is. Both my brothers will then get all the original amounts in my mums will before codicil. (she had previously had a stroke and brother M and I had POA - but she was still able to kinda of make descisions albeit with coercion, which is what happened.
(my brother M handwrote a letter to mums solicitor as if it was from my mum plus a letter enclosed asking mum to sign the letter and put it the stamped addressed envelope he had enclosed ASAP) will was changed ( she then went to sign codicil without me - I was unaware that any of this was happening - and it was witnessed by one of the legal secretaries. mums solicitor was aware the POA was because of the stroke yet still didn't query any of this)
help !!
And thanks in advance
Good Morning
Thank you for your response.
I am sorry to hear about what happened,
The advice you need is out of my area of expertise so I will opt out do that one of my colleagues can assist you.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive managed to speak to someone and its too complicated
I thank you again, but no need now