ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I am living in Australia but have my house rented out still

Customer Question

Hi, I am living in Australia but have my house rented out still in the UK, I receivd notification that the storm has blown the fence down at the bottom of the garden between mine and another house, can you please tell me whose responsibility it is to replace this fence.
Many thanks Nigel.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
The Answer you seek in respect of the responsibility for the boundary fence might well be contained within the Land Registry documents for your property.
If you don't have the Official Copy of the Register and the Plan - then you can get copies by following this link:
https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry
If the deeds don't hold the answer you seek - let me know and I will advise you further.
Kind Regards
Caroline
If you have found this service useful please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Caroline, I have looked on the website and cannot find the answer I need, the picture attached is looking from the back of my house, I know I am responsible for one side of the fence that runs down the side of my propery but this fence is at the back of my property which in effect runs down the side of the property out the back of my house, hopefully the photo explains this better. My address is***** Yarm, Cleveland, TS15 9DX. Hope to hear from you soon Nigel. I will rate you very highly if you can sort this out for me.
Thank you for your response.
Did you manage to download your deeds? What did it say?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi please read my reply, I cannot find the deeds
Hi Caroline, I have looked on the website and cannot find the answer I need, the picture attached is looking from the back of my house, I know I am responsible for one side of the fence that runs down the side of my propery but this fence is at the back of my property which in effect runs down the side of the property out the back of my house, hopefully the photo explains this better. My address is***** Yarm, Cleveland, TS15 9DX. Hope to hear from you soon Nigel. I will rate you very highly if you can sort this out for me
Hi Nigel
I am sorry for pressing you on this one and please do tell me if I am misinterpreting you response,
It is my understanding from your response that you cannot find your deeds and that you have looked at the website that I previously gave you. The website actually allows you to download your Official Copy of Register and your Title Plan.
Can you just clarify for me that you have downloaded these documents? It costs about £6 in total.
Sorry for nagging :) but these documents often do hold the answer you seek
Kind Regards
Caroline