Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have had a ccj issued in default against me that i didn't

i have had a ccj issued in default against me that i didn't have any communication regarding - its for an item that is faulty and i had been led to believe a repair was being sorted by the company. I am wondering if i dispute the claim and it gets took back to court but I lose do i still get a 30 day period to get the ccj removed from my credit file or would the original file date stand and id be left with just being able to mark the judgment as satisfied rather than removed from my credit file -
Unsure if its worth disputing as i only have verbal no written proof from company of damage dispute - Id rather just pay the debt within the 30 day period and get the ccj removed off my credit file.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Are you saying that you did not receive a notice of claim in the first place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should have said were a ltd company - but no i haven't received any paperwork but think this may be a communication problem my end - we have an accountant that is the company registered address whom hasn't been passing letters etc onto us - they claim they haven't received anything however i think they most likely have. The first i knew of the ccj was a supplier advising it had gone on our credit file.I have today filed with companies house to change the address to my home address