Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I've been handed county court claims against me, however the

I've been handed county court claims against me, however the correspondence was being sent to an address I haven't resided in, in over 12 months at the time of them sending. By the time I actually received the claim notice, the dates for response had passed, judgement had been made, and now it seems I am being forced to pay out for the claim which I am not in agreement with.
What should I do? It does not seem fair that I should be paying out, considering I was not receiving the claims in the first place. Do I still need to pay or can I still counter claim?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. You need to write to the court and to the person who has made the claim against you to request an order for the Judgement to be set aside on the basis that you had not had the opportunity to respond to the claim due to the fact you did not see the claim form before the response should have been submitted. You should also set out the grounds of the defence. It is likely that judgement will then be set aside (court's discretion) and you will be given the opportunity to defend the claim. is there anything further you would like to know? if I have answered you question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello Neil, is there anything further you would like to know about this?