13262538

Is my sister my mums next of kin because she is older or we

is my sister my mums next of kin because she is older or we both classed as next of kin
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
For what purpose are you enquiring?
Generally, her next of kin would be her husband - if there is no husband it would be the eldest of the children - however this can be changed if it is impractical.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youIn fact you are correct - you both stand as "next of kin" (assuming there is no husband) and the fact that she is older makes no differenceThe term "next of kin" has no legal significance as such and simply denotes the closest relativeHowever if your mother has made a Will and named only one of you as Executor then that is the person who will deal with matters in the event that she dies.Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.