Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Is a consumer credit agreement loan terminated on full

is a consumer credit agreement for a loan terminated on full and final settlement?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a cahoot flexible loan in 2001 and paid it off in full in april 2004. they are now claiming that down the telephone 4 months later I drew down another £11,500 under the same agreement. I am in court on Tuesday and need to no if I can argue that the agreement they have filed has been terminated under section 94 of the cca.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not really my area then
I will opt out for others.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Could you clarify - are you saying you paid the loan and no further sums were withdrawn? Has Cahoot made a mistake?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a cahoot flexible loan in 2001 and paid it off in full in april 2004. they are now claiming that down the telephone 4 months later I drew down another £11,500 under the same agreement. I am in court on Tuesday and need to no if I can argue that the agreement they have filed has been terminated under section 94 of the cca. I am disputing the second draw down with the lender but they have sold the alleged debt to a debt collector who issued a moneyclaim on me.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
OK. But are you saying that you did not withdraw that additional sum so no monies are due?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to be honest I do not remember as it was so long ago and the statement of account provided to the court just shows an account number that isn't mine.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience: Partner in national law firm