13262538

The local council applied to the court of protection

Customer Question

The local council applied to the court of protection for my mom in 2005. She dies the same year. I am my mothers excecutor on her witnessed Will. The council paid out a figure they say was my moms assests but refuse to let's me see any of the paperwork concerned. Can they do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My e mail is***@******.***
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.As Executor of the Will (NOT as your mother's son) you are indeed entitled to see the paperwork and I suggest that you write a formal letter requesting it and copy it to the council's legal departmentI hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Clare, I am my mother's daughter but also named as executor
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies - son or daughter being the Executor is what counts!