ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

What does closing file regarding disclosure of will solici

Customer Question

what does closing file regarding disclosure of will solicitor
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and I will try and assist you.
Please may I ask:
- have you recently instructed a Solicitor and has that instruction now come to and end?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent him an email then he wrote as regards ***** ***** he will be closing his file. my mum died traferred PROPERTY to me but I never went for probate
Thank you for clarifying that for me.
Did you jointly own the property with your mother as joint tenants?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no she signed it over to me in 2002 due to a romantic partnership breaking down its been over 7 years but i belive he has the deedsmy mum died without a will and no probate has been applied for she signed her bank accounts over to me but solicitor wants to just close his file
Thank you for clarifying that for me.
If you mother assets had already been dealt with then you might not need to apply for probate.
Probate allows an estate to be dealt with. For example if the property hadn't already been previously transferred to you then a Grant of Probate would be required to allow this to happen.
Its therefore likely that Probate did not need to be applied for in your case.
If you are unsure then its best to speak with the Solicitor so that they can confirm this is the case.
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively (by choosing a happy face) so that we receive credit for our work
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work. Your question will not close when you leave positive feedback and I am available through his service to answer any follow up questions that you may have for free.