Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

If the co-owner of the property wants to buy out my share

if the co-owner of the property wants to buy out my share and we agree a price, what is the process and do i need a solicitor to conveyance the property?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
You do not necessarily need a solicitor to deal with this, but if there is a mortgage in place the mortgage provider may request for a solicitor to deal with the transfer. Also, if there is a mortgage in place you need to check that they will agree for you to come off the mortgage.
Otherwise, the transfer can be done fairly straightforward and there are various forms to complete the main of which is the TR1. The process to do this is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/registered-titles-whole-transfer-tr1/guidance-completing-form-tr1-for-the-transfer-of-registered-property
Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a rating.