12826847

I've had an accusation of harrasment made against me which

I've had an accusation of harrasment made against me which is totally unfounded. Where do I stand as at present I'm afraid to leave the house incase there's further accusations made?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what your question is?Obviously any of us could be the subject of a false allegation at any time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've apparently harassed a guy I used to work with and his girlfriend by following them from their home to a mcdonalds restaurant. The fact is that they live on the main road on route to mcdonalds and although I know where he lives I didn't intentionally follow them they were obviously going in the same direction.I haven't done anything wrong as far as I'm concerned.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the police officer who rang me warned me not to do it again or I could be prosecuted!! Is this the case even if I find myself in this situation again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
If there are subsequent reports of an action that would, if true, amount to harassment then you probably will be prosecuted.
If the allegations are untrue then you defend upon that basis and it is to be hoped you would be acquitted.
On your primary point though, her allegation alone is sufficient to base a prosecution. People are prosecuted on false allegations regularly in the UK. That is the real reason the rape conviction rate is low. It is nothing to do with sexist attitudes. It is what happens when you prosecute innocent people of false allegations.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** clarified my position with regards ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.All the best. Please remember to rate my answer.