Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

In mid december 2015 I had molar removed which was large

Hi,in mid december 2015 I had molar removed which was large and difficult to extract and dentist got it out in 2 pieces.It wouldn't heal and I was in a lot of pain I phoned the dentist but they could not see me till 6/1/16.On the 2/1/2016 I found a sharp splinter in my gum as I tried to wiggle it out it appeared larger and kept working at until eventually removed large piece of tooth with a lot of blood and the infection.Do I have a case for negligence? Thankyou,Gary.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Have you suffered a financial loss as a result of this? Also is this problem now resolved and if so by whom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jenny,The dentist NHS so it did not have to pay,the problem was resolved by myself having to remove large piece of tooth.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Has there been any lasting damage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mostly pain I think the infection has now cleared up.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
are you still in pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok potentially there may be a claim but at this stage it is a little early to say. You need first to make an appointment preferably with another dentist to explain the problem and to find out whether the negligent work has caused lasting nerve damage if it has it would amount to a personal injury and you will be able to make a claim against the dentist for negligence in the event that this is the case. If there is no lasting damage and you have not lost time of at work or suffered a financial loss then there would not be a claim. In the event that the dentist says there is lasting damage you need to ask if they will provide evidence by form of a witness statement to that effect then you will need to contact the original dentist and ask them to inform their insurers that there is a claim coming in. Some no win no fee lawyers will take on negligence claims so once you know if there is lasting damage you could contact one of them to see if they will take your claim on. Good luck with it. If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
No problem please remember to rate my answer before leaving the site as I am not otherwise credited for my time working on your question. And do come back to me in the future if you need to.