12826847

Dear all, I need help - have a problems with British Gas.

Dear all,
I need help - have a problems with British Gas. They want to charge me with some fake gas meter numbers. I got prove that thats mistake. One of their member told me that its impossible to have that kind of bill.
After a few months of silence - I receive a letter from Moorcroft Group that I must pay that amount and thats all
I need help - is anyone can help me please
thank you
Best
Anton
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know how can I stop this
Its impossible to pay for something which i never use and i have a proof of that
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, there are no magic wands that will make things like this disappear. All you can do is argue your case.
Moorcroft Group are just debt collectors. They have no power of themselves to do anything save for write and make phone calls. You can provide them with evidence that this is a debt not owed but that probably will not deter them as that is not the purpose of a debt collector.
Another option is to provide this evidence and then ignore them. They will only continue to pester.
If British Gas do sue then you can defend on that basis.
They are unlikely to do that though. If they do anything at all then they will seek to get an entry warrant for a prepaid meter and you can attend court and raise this as a defence as well.
It is quite unlikely that British Gas will do that though. They have just passed this onto debt collectors to see what can be raised.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its sounds good for me. Thank you for your help
If something new - will back to you
Have a great day
Best
Anton