Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

On the gov website it states under enforcement: It's worth

on the gov website it states under enforcement:
It’s worth working out what the person or business can afford to pay.
If the money is owed by a business, you can ask for an officer from the company to attend court, to give details of its accounts.
You can then decide on what you need to do to get your money.
BUT can i do this first as in before pursuing my case in court? if the company cant afford to pay there is no point in me incurring costs
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. You cannot take enforcement action before raising a claim. This comes after the claim is successful. If it is a company you are claiming against you can look at their accounts on the Company House website to see if they are in any financial difficulty before lodging the claim. Is there anything further you would like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your quick response.

What i really need is some guidance on making a small money claim.

Is that something you could help me with?

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
What is the value of the claim?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

a little over £5000 (£5434) though i wonder if i should just claim £5000 as the fee is much lower £185 rather than £410

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok what exactly would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I took advice on here previously, back in September, so i believe i have a good case. I was advised that i had to wait until the end of the contract term before proceeding with any action. The term expired on 22/12/15.

In the first instances i really want a second opinion on the merits of my case before i commit time and money to pursuing it. Then to pursue a claim - help in presenting my case using the online or written procedure

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok have you sent them a letter before action to say you will take action against them if they do not repay you the amount you are claiming?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, i guessed i should inform them. is there a template for this?

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
No there isn't a template but what you need to do is to write to them setting out what you are claiming and why and saying that if they do not refund you within 14 days you will issue a claim against them.You then can lodge the claim at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello Craig is there anything further you would like to know? If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would kindly rate my answer before leaving the site as I am not otherwise paid for answering your question. Thank you and all the best with your claim.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for your quick responses.

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
No problem, thank you for your rating!