How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34713
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I need to cancel a FDR hearing as I have resolved financial

Customer Question

I need to cancel a FDR hearing as I have resolved financial issues now with my husband
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.If you have reached agreement the best way to deal with the matter is to have a Consent Order setting out what was agreed and sealed by the court.This can then be enforced.If you do not wish to do this then the way forward is for you to write a joint letter confirming that the matter is resolved and asking for the applictaion to be dismissedPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** write but thought there might be a form to complete as well. There are many forms and i cant find the appropriate numbered one online
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Will there be a Consent Order?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was unsure whether I needed to do one or both of us just write to the court
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
if you wish to be certain that the agreement that you reach is enforceable then you need a Consent Orderyou need to send the Order, in triplicate, with a form D81 to the court with the £45 feeClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** were going to write a letter but i needed confirmation that a consent order wasn't compulsory
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You do not HAVE to have a Consent Order - but if you are withdrawing the application then you need a form D11 and it need sto be signed by both of you