29905560

On the 19th January 2015 I signed a 1 year contract with Graydon

Customer Question

On the 19th January 2015 I signed a 1 year contract with Graydon for credit reports. We agreed a sum of £450.00 as our likely credit report requirements for the coming year. It would appear that this is a rolling contract and that it continues for an unspecified time at this rate, despite our future anticipated needs. Graydon require 60 days cancellation notice prior to any anniversary of the Contract, but did not send any contract renewal reminder and will only accept cancellation on payment in full of the next years contract in advance. Do these constitute unfair Contract Terms
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did they ever send you a signed contract? If so what does that say? I assume you are a business?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The "Agreement" says Start date 19th January 2015. Term of Agreement 1 year Committed Contract Value Year 1 £450.00 - retrospective billing. No values inserted for years 2 3 or4. We signed the agreement on 30th Jan 2015.The Ts and Cs (small print attachment to the "Agreement say The agreement shall come into force on the start date specified and shall continue in force thereafter unless and until either Party gives 60days notice in writing such notice to expire at the end of the minimum term specified in the Agreement or any subsequent anniversary of that date.Where the Agreement stipulates a Committed Contract Value the Client shall be liable to pay Graydon a minimum of such Committed Contract Value in respect of each year of the Agreement.Yes I am director of a small builders merchantRegards
Colin
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ah it's bad news Colin. If you signed the terms then it does say you need to give 60 days joins before the end of the term. They don't have to give you renewal notice unless the agreement says,
As such sadly you see liable for the new contract.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long ago did the payments become due?