12826847

I got remarried 6yrs ago and my told me that our

Customer Question

Hello,I got remarried 6yrs ago and my told me that our holiday home which we jointly owned I would not get sole ownership. I got married when 20,had a child and I am now 50. I became disabled around 30 due to elders danlos,postural ortho static tachycardia symdrome,had over 150 operations and could no longer work. He was happy for me to look after the home have a meal,clean washing everyday and said if I wanted a divorce he would take my son who was around 14 approx at the time. I also had a work injury in which he took control over my 32,000 for slipping on a wet floor and with my health he took and manipulated me. I got my ex to get me a dance partner on line and didn't think it would go anywhere just needed to get out.there is 20yrs between us and he is 71 but fantastic company. No arguing like before. My ex told me you won't get a divorce settlement even though he has his own business, built an apartment above his business, exams all over the world and earns money,the new apartment brings in an income as the person has been in there for around 5yrs. Bought a new electric piano,paid for his gay boyfriend in Thailand to go to college for around 2yrs,goes clubbing, pays a Morgage on the place we bought together,has a £5000 organ job at Beverly minster, holidays again once he has recovered from a heart valve replacement which he has private health care for and now back on the circuit. He tricked me into signing my home in Whitby which is a one bedroom apartment with management fees,he got me to sign the agreement in the car in the dark knowing that I take let amine 8 times a day and bad eyesight especially at night and methadone for pain all under a consultant.I can't afford to put the heating on and have to live their as the home contents would not be valid. My new husband lives 1 1/2hr away from me and I can only afford £19 a month for gas and electric so go without. Can only afford to eat one small meal a day while he has what he says he deserves. I can go on but no point. Please help as my health is suffering and need to sort this. I tried to take my own life but thankfully my husband saved me over the phone. Many thanks for reading this.
Kind regards ***** *******
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 10 months ago.
Hello Mrs *******
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and I will try and assist you.
I am sorry to hear everything you have been through.
Please may I ask:
- is it your first husband that you didn't get a divorce settlement from?
- if so, when did you divorce? When did you remarry?
- was it you who petitioned for divorce?
- was there any order at all in respect of the matrimonial finances? A clean break?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was my 1st husband of 22yrs that I didn't get a settlement. Due to threats.divorced in 2009 .remarried 2010.I petitioned for divorce between 2008 and 2009 I think . no partitions as I am a ware of. I said I will make it easy for you because he had turned gay and sleeping around. A clean break with threats that I don't take him for his business. All I wanted was to be happy but he assaulted me sexual and Bolton royAl in Lancashire have the results of the bruising and I was subjected to him rapping me and throwing my knickers out the window and locking them in a large bin. Pulled my hair out by the roots and nothing left on one side. My left.he was arrested but twisted it .just need a living. I have a degree and should have started my law degree but health and eye sight stopped me.
Thank you for your response.
I am very sorry to hear all of this.
Can I ask - was the clean break approved by the court?
Kindest Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes. But my ex tricked me with the deeds and left me with no named home of my own after having lovely homes. He brags about his business, having the home I left from and said I am not entitled to anything because all I did was keep house. Can't afford anymore money. Am I entitled to legal aid
Good Morning
Please may I ask - when you say your ex tricked you - do you mean that he lied in the disclosure stage or was it that disclosure didn't take place and you signed the clean break because he told you that you wouldn't be entitled to anything?
Kind Regards
Caroline