LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

If a person in the UK makes a steampunk or faux military outfit

If a person in the UK makes a steampunk or faux military outfit that they enjoy wearing in public, and they have studs and random jewelry on their shoulders and chest,, and as well make homemade ribbon bars or use rectangle shaped buttons on their outfit. Would they be breaking the law if some of the homemade ribbon bars or rectangle buttons just happened to look similar or the same as the ribbon bars the military wear? Ribbon bars and buttons are small and the military seem to have just about every color pattern on their medals,, so naturally some may look alike. This is assuming that the person wearinng this is not actually trying to mis represent himself as a member of the nations armed forces. Im doing continued research regarding freedom of manifestation. Both dealing with UK laws and American laws. This is a small part of my long term research on a wide array of individual freedom.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this question for you.
There would be no breach of the law if the wearer of the steampunk uniform had ribbons which resembled military medals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Maybe Europe is not so bad..

Maybe with our history we are less sure that the best thing anyone can possibly do is be in the military.
I would be grateful if you would please rate my answers as I will not be paid for them if you do not do so.