UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My wife and I moved to London from USA 6 months ago. I hold

Customer Question

My wife and I moved to London from USA 6 months ago. I hold a UK passport but my wife holds a USA passport. My wife is on a work visa and is a pre-school teacher. I understand in April a law starts that she would need to make 35,000 pounds by 5th year. As she is a teacher there is no way she will make that salary. Can we combine salaries in 5th year.
I am very concerned. Thank you for answer.
Paul Hyams
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after 5th year my wife would like to settle in England with me. My wife was approved for work visa on April 5, 2015. Seems crazy a new law can go into effect after she was approved. To come here I was her sponsor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry my wife is on a spousal visa so I understand the 35,000 pound salary at the end of 5 years does not apply. I understand it is on a Tier 2 visa and not on a Spousal visa. Please confirm.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
As she is on a spouse visa, she does not need to meet the rules under the points based scheme which require a minimum of £35,000 for her to settle here.
She only need to meet the minimum £18600 salary rules when applying for an extension of leave to remain when her current visa expires.
All the best