13262538

Is there any way of finding out if a will was left after my

Customer Question

Is there any way of finding out if a will was left after my father passed away. My step mother is saying the one that we knew about was in her old married name, but she says it doesn't have to go to probate. It this true? We believe there must have been another one, but have no proof. Thank you
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
You may search online here
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills
If the search is not positive, then you would have difficulty looking for a copy of the Will if you were not named as an executor. See here for further information
https://www.gov.uk/find-persons-will
All the best
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.What assets are there and what did the Will you do know about say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My father told us all that what was in his account was to be split between his 4 children, although we do not know if this was verbal only, or if it was written down.The will we know about, which my brother in law was an executor, was in her previous married name. The solicitors told by bro-in-law it would have to go to probate. My step mother said it doesn't, so we assume there must be another will, that we know nothing about. She has sold everything in the house, even beds and ornaments and bought all new. She said when she dies it is to go to her sons, so everything that was my families and passes down, has gone. Can we find out anywhere if there would be another will, that supersedes the one we know about?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Who owned the house and what other assets were there?