29905560

9pm someone can answer this question. I ordered and paid in

)9pm someone can answer this question. I ordered and paid in full for a gas fire yesterday, today I tried to cancel order with the shop I purchased the fire. The shop is now saying I owe them 25 o/o for administration services is this legal
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did you buy the fire online or in store?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In store
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Why did you try and cancel the purchase?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brother had purchased another fire from Internet which I knew nothing about until this morning
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you had purchased the item in store, you do not have the automatic right to cancel the purchase unless there was a policy offered by the seller which allowed that, or you can show that the item was not fit for purpose, not as described or not of satisfactory quality. If you simply changed your mind, then you are going to be fully reliant on the seller’s own cancellation and refunds policy. They may allow a return with no questions sked and for a full refund, or they may impose certain terms and limitations, for example that you have to pay a percentage of the price or a fixed fee for administrative or cancellation costs. So if their cancelation terms were such that they only allowed a return if you are to pay a cancellation fee, then that could be enforceable. The only argument you may have is if you can try and show that the fees they are trying to charge are unreasonable and too high for the work they are claiming they are supposed to cover. For example, a fixed fee of say £40 may cover any administrative costs but if it is a percentage of the sale price then the more expensive the item the higher these fees would be and the less realistic they would be in reflecting the administrative work undertaken. That may make it a penalty clause which is unenforceable in law. Therefore, that may be a good argument to raise with them if you wish to try and push through a return and only get charged a lesser fee. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your tome
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, all the best