12826847

My vehicle was claimed to have been exceeding the speed limit

Customer Question

My vehicle was claimed to have been exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph on Jan 5 one year ago. I was asked by the camera brigade to name the driver.
I answered that I could not remember driving on that date due to amnesia caused by being on steroid medication for a lung condition. (Steroids side effects can cause memory loss.)
I am to be prosecuted for failing to supply the name of the driver.
The case has been adjourned 4 times, I have attended court twice so far meanwhile one whole year has elapsed. I have claimed that this breaches article 6 Human Rights Act which lays down that a trial must be held within a reasonable time.
The CPS disagree. What is your opinion?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. Why have there been postponements?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking if you have a defence?