12826847

I have an ongoing complaint against and dispute with Lewisham

Customer Question

I have an ongoing complaint against and dispute with Lewisham domestic and business rates. They have issued a court summons even though the complaint was only at stage 1 .I was told that the case had been handed over to an independent adjudicator and that the court summons would be cancelled until after the adjudicator had commented. Today I rang the phone number given on the summons document and got through to Lewisham rates! They assured me I would never have been told that and of course the summons will go ahead and that I do not need to attend. To date they have proved so untrustworthy I think I am being stitched up. Can they do this,when no decision is ready from the adjudicator? Edwina Dighe
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** j will help you.
Did they confirm they would cancel the summons in writing please?