Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

My son was fined at weymouth traffic court yesterday and i

Customer Question

My son was fined at weymouth traffic court yesterday and i need to pay it for him as he has no money. But i need the court fine account number and the court refuses to give it to me. How can I get it in order to pay the fine online for him?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. The fine account number is ***** the same as the case number ***** will appear on the summons he received. If you ring the collection centre on 01633 645 112 with your son's full name, date of birth and case number ***** should be able to take payment over the telephone. If he was in court yesterday the system may not have been updated so you may have to call back in a day or two.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i tried that. They refused to help.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
It may be for data protection reasons. Your son has two options: 1. Attend the court in person and they will give him the details so he can pay the fine 2. Call the fines collection centre. Ordinarily, if he was at court they would have given him a payment slip with details of how to pay. If the matter proceeded in his absence a letter giving the payment details will be sent in the post.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Has he tried to pay online using the case number?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Can I assist any further? Alice