12826847

How many User evidence forms are required to satisfy Section

Customer Question

How many User evidence forms are required to satisfy Section 31 Highwaya Act 20 year period
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the public inquiry in September we proved to the Inspector that out of the 38 user forms produced by the council to prove the the Path had been used over a twenty year period 1936-1956 only five of the users could have used the path during that period due to their date of birth (some were not even born then. The five that could have used the path during that period all five were invalid because they were members of the family who owned the property at that time. It has been said/implied that it requires a minimum of ten users to satisfy Section 31 Highways Act.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. This dropped off my question list. Who has said that and I will look it up? The legislation is silent on the point.