Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I had my car in garage in December placed stater motor and

I had my car in garage in December placed stater motor and another part. Few days later car had same problem. They said it was not a problem stater motor fixed and replaced it.
Took it back and they had said that the part they relaxed was damaged by another part and hadn't noticed it as it was concealed. They were closing for Christmas and NewYear so tool it to another garage.
They replaced the part concerned. Again car had to be returned as was making same noise. They are now saying that the part they replaced damaged because the statue motor the other garage put on was cheap not adequate for car. Who is responsible.
What are my rights I've spent over two thousand pounds and my car is back to where it was before any garage repairs
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. If you have paid a garage to carry out work on your vehicle and the work has been ineffective then you have rights under the Supply of Goods and Services Act. You should write to the garage to ask them to either put your car right or refund you the repair cost within 14 days or you will raise a claim in the county court. If they refuse to do so you can lodge a claim at www.moneyclaim.gov.ukHopefully writing a letter of this nature will lead them to resolve this for you. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello Deborah is there anything further you would like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it cost money to raise a county court action
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is an issue fee of £105 for a claim of the value that you would bring. You would have this reimbursed if your case is successful. If you have any further questions please do ask. Please do remember to rate my answer before leaving the site as I am not otherwise paid for the time I have spent working on your question. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we paid by credit card. I have heard if you pay this way there is protection?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Yes you have additional protection under s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act. You can contact the bank/credit card company and ask for a claim form.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi Deborah, do you have any further questions? If I have answered your question I would be really grateful if you would kindly remember to rate my answer before leaving the site. Many thanks in advance and all the best with this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
. They are refusing to fix it saying, that it was caused by a starter motor than they do not believe is suitable for the car.
and that the damage to work they have done is caused by this and therefore it is the other garages responsibility.
whos responsible.?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
If the starter motor was in place before they did the repair then they are. They told you they could fix it and charged you for it and it has not worked , they are therefore liable. They are trying to fob you off. If you paid by credit card then the credit card company and the garage are jointly liable. You should ask your credit card provider to send you s. 75 forms and say you want to start a claim. If you cannot get the money back from the garage the credit card company will have to pay up.
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only