13262538

My son and his wife are blocking me helping at the local school.

Customer Question

my son and his wife are blocking me helping at the local school. there is no other reason than we don't get on. my granddaughter does attend the school but I wouldn't be working with her as it is the school policy that relatives do not work in the same class as the children. The headmistress says her hands are tied due to this objection by them
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you This is a matter of school policy and you need to discuss it with the Head teacher and the School Governors.There is no court action you can take I am afraidPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have spoken to the headmistress who and if it was up to her she would have me at the school tomorrow but says her hands are tied due to the objection of the parents. She says the Governors would be the same. I feel as though I am being victimised by the school.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that an appeal to the Governors is the only option as they are the ones who have set this policy of needing the consent of the parents of any children involved.I am afraid that the school are bound by their policy and there is no other action you can take
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I feel it is totally unfair that due to the spitefulness of my Daughter in Law I am not able to help a school that I have supported since before my Grandchildren came along.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I entirely agree - which is why you shoudl ask the Governors to review the policy